MD100 - Windows 10

MD100 - Windows 10

Overview

In this course, students will learn how to support the installation tasks associated with Windows 10. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems. Students will also learn about the new Windows servicing model and methods for keeping Windows up to date.
Students will develop skills that include managing storage, files, drivers, and printers as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows 10. This course will also cover managing and deploying applications.
Students will learn how to secure the Windows 10 OS and protect the data on the device. Students will be introduced to common methods used for authentication and access control. This course will teach how to configure file and folder permissions and creating security policies. Students will also be introduced to the different types of external threats and how to leverage features like encryption and firewalls, as well as tools like Windows Defender.
Students will learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows 10. This course will deep-dive into the architecture and tools used for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting the OS, Apps, and hardware. Students will learn about proactive and troubleshooting methodology, and how to identify and mitigate common issues.

Students also will learn how to configure security in addition to how to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.

Duration

5 Days

Target Audience

Candidates for this course are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.

Topics

Installing Windows

Updating Windows

Post-installation Configuration and Personalization

Configuring Peripherals and Drivers

Configuring Networking

Configuring Storage

Managing Apps in Windows 10

Configuring Authorization & Authentication

Configuring Data Access and Usage

Configuring Advanced Management Tools

Supporting the Windows 10 Environment

Troubleshooting the Windows OS

Troubleshooting Files & Applications

Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers

A more comprehensive course outline is available in the Course Download section, to the right of this page.

Course Details

Course Ref:

MD100

Course Duration:

5 Days

Course Location:

Sunderland

Course Dates:

Please call for dates...

Course Price (Excl VAT):

£1,295

Course Downloads

Send course details to a colleague

Telephone

To book or for further information, please telephone 0191 515 3355 or e-mail us at sales@mtc-training.co.uk