AZ101 - Microsoft Azure Integration and Security

Overview

This 4 day course provides students with the knowledge and skills to help prepare for Exam AZ-101

This course teaches IT professionals how to discover, assess, plan and implement a migration of on-premises resources and infrastructure to Azure. Students will learn how to use Azure Migrate to perform the discovery and assessment phase that is critical to a successful migration. Students will also learn how to use Azure Site Recovery for performing the actual migration of workloads to Azure.

How to manage and maintain the infrastructure for the core web apps and services that developers build and deploy. Students will learn how Azure App Service is used as a Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering for deploying cloud apps for web and mobile environments.

How to implement and configure different Azure networking traffic distribution mechanisms, including Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway. Students will also learn how to implement site connectivity for multiple scenarios including cross-premises and hybrid configurations, as well as extending on-premises networks into the Microsoft cloud over a dedicated private connection, using Azure ExpressRoute

To understand the challenges that organizations face in keeping modern IT environments secure, as the more distributed environments that are part of a cloud-first or hybrid world have rapidly created new security challenges for IT. The course focuses on three key areas in the defense against attackers who target security vulnerabilities, resulting particularly from credential theft and compromised identities: Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management (PIM).

Duration

4 Days

Target Audience

This course is for Azure Administrators. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.

Topics

After completing this course, students will be able to:

Use Azure Migrate to discover and assess on-premises virtual machine migration to Azure.
Use Azure Site Recovery to migrate Hyper-V infrastructures to Azure.
Review migration strategies for VMWare and System Center VMM virtual machines.
Implement use cases and configuration options for Azure App Services and App Service Environments.
Manage and secure web apps with backup, restore, snapshot, and cloning.
Optimize your web app performance with Scale Up, Scale Out, Autoscale, and Grow out strategies.
Deploy serverless computing features like Azure Functions, Event Grid, and Service Bus.
Implement and configure Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway.
Implement and configure Site-to-Site VPN connections and ExpressRoute.
Implement and configure Network Watcher and troubleshooting common network issues.
Use Azure RBAC to grant a granular level of access based on an administrator’s assigned tasks.
Use Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to configure a strong authentication for users at sign-in.
User Azure AD Privileged Identity Management to configure access rights based on just-in-time administration.

A more comprehensive course outline is available in the Course Download section, to the right of this page.

Course Details

Course Ref:

AZ101

Course Duration:

4 Days

Course Location:

Sunderland

Course Dates:

11th Jun 2019 - 14th Jun 2019

Course Price (Excl VAT):

£1,495

Book this course

Course Downloads

Send course details to a colleague

Telephone

To book or for further information, please telephone 0191 515 3355 or e-mail us at sales@mtc-training.co.uk