AZ100 - Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment

Overview

This 5 day course provides students with the knowledge and skills to help prepare for Exam AZ-100

Students will learn how to manage their Azure subscriptions, including access, policies, and compliance, as well as how to track and estimate service usage and related costs.

How to implement Azure storage solutions for a variety of scenarios. Students learn about the different storage accounts and services as well as basic data replication concepts and available replication schemes. Students are also introduced to Storage Explorer as a convenient way to work with Azure storage data. Students also learn the types of storage and how to work with managed and custom disks.

How to create and manage virtual machines as part of an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) computing infrastructure. Students learn how to assess their on-premises environment for virtual machine readiness in preparation for moving resources to the cloud, including sizing, pricing, and design considerations.

How to configure and manage Azure virtual networks (VNets). The benefits of moving an infrastructure to the cloud, removing the need to maintain expensive datacenters are an appealing proposition for many small and medium-sized companies. Regardless, once resources are moved to Azure, they require the same networking functionality as an on-premises deployment, and this course deals with the basic network configuration tasks.

How to use Azure Active Directory (AD) to provide employees and customers with a multi-tenant cloud-based directory and identity management system. Students will learn the differences between Azure AD and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), as well the differences in functionality offered by the different editions of Azure AD.

Duration

5 Days

Target Audience

This course is for Azure Administrators. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.

Topics

After completing this course, students will be able to:

Manage Azure subscriptions and billing, and implement Azure policies.
Implement access management with Azure users, groups, and role-based access control.
Use Azure Monitor to configure Azure alerts and review the Azure Activity Log.
Query and analyze Log Analytics data.
Deploy resources with ARM templates and organize Azure resources.
Optimize your use of Azure tools like the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Cloud Shell and the Azure CLI.
Create Azure storage accounts for different data replication, pricing, and content scenarios.
Implement virtual machine storage, blob storage, Azure files, and structured storage.
Secure and manage storage with shared access keys, Azure backup, and Azure File Sync.
Store and access data using Azure Content Delivery Network, and the Import and Export service.
Monitor Azure storage with metrics and alerts, and the Activity Log.
Explain virtual machine usage cases, storage options, pricing, operating systems, networking capabilities, and general planning considerations.
Create Windows virtual machines in the Azure Portal, with Azure PowerShell, or using ARM Templates.
Deploy custom server images and Linux virtual machines.
Configure virtual machine networking and storage options.
Implement virtual machine high availability, scalability, and custom scripts extensions.
Backup, restore, and monitor virtual machines.
Understand virtual networking components, IP addressing, and network routing options.
Implement Azure DNS domains, zones, record types, and resolution methods.
Configure network security groups, service endpoints, logging, and network troubleshooting.
Implement site connectivity schemas including VNet-to-VNet connections and virtual network peering.
Implement Azure Active Directory, Self-Service Password Reset, Azure AD Identity Protection, and integrated SaaS applications.
Configure domains and tenants, users and groups, roles, and devices.
Implement and manage Azure Active Directory integration options and Azure AD Application Proxy.

A more comprehensive course outline is available in the Course Download section, to the right of this page.

Course Details

Course Ref:

AZ100

Course Duration:

5 Days

Course Location:

Sunderland

Course Dates:

14th Jan 2019 - 18th Jan 2019

Course Price (Excl VAT):

£1,495

Book this course

Course Downloads

Send course details to a colleague

Telephone

To book or for further information, please telephone 0191 515 3355 or e-mail us at sales@mtc-training.co.uk