About MTC Training

University of Sunderland

MTC Training is a commercial unit of the University of Sunderland.

The life changing University of Sunderland has 20,000 students based in campuses on the North East coast, in London and Hong Kong and at its global partnerships with learning institutions in 15 countries. We are proud of our long-established commitment to widening participation, our world-leading research, public and private sector collaborations and our track-record for providing quality student experiences that result in graduates who are the tomorrow-makers of our societies and economies.

The University of Sunderland have secured Funding, as a delivery partner to Northumberland College through the ESF Improving Labour Market relevance of Education and Training Systems programme.

The programme aims to address the current skills gap by engaging more effectively with SMEs to help them assess their training and business needs. Once their needs have been identified the intention is to provide support and interventions to assist their development and growth.

Additionally, the programme is aiming to work as a catalyst for businesses and training providers to establish future training requirements and recommend qualifications and /or courses that may require development to ensure that relevant and suitable training is available to address future business needs across the North East.

The project which runs to July 2018 will see engaged companies benefitting from:

• A business needs analysis

• A Plan to support them in their development needs

• Student and Graduate placements for work experience and project focused activities

• Support to develop business - led training and education solutions.

The University will also be securing placements for students and graduates to work with businesses to deliver projects and assist growth. Additionally, to help employers learn from the unique higher level skills graduates possess and which businesses are often divorced from. This programme will also increase the graduates and students employability skills, improve recruitment and hopefully create new employment opportunities.

Telephone

To book or for further information, please telephone 0191 515 3355 or e-mail us at sales@mtc-training.co.uk